Suggestions and Complaints




We are committed to provide best possible care. If however, you have suggestions for improving our service or have a complaint about any aspect of our service you may ask for a suggestion slip/complaints pack or ask to speak to the Assistant Practice Manager of the site.


How to Complain

We hope that most problems are sorted out easily and quickly. Often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know ASAP. This would be within a matter of days or at most a few weeks because this will enable us to establish what had happened more easily.

If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6months of the incident that caused the problem;


  • Within 6months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12months of the incident

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager. Alternatively you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns. They will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.


What we shall do

  • We may ask you to put your complaint in writing
  • We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days
  • We will investigate the cause of your complaint
  • We will aim to resolve your problem within ten working days

We will then be able to offer you an explanation or a meeting. When we look into your complaint we shall aim to;

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned (if you would like this)
  • Where appropriate make sure you receive an apology
  • Identify the problem and take steps to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we must have his/her signed consent / permission.